Parent Code of Conduct
As a parent of CFYB, I will provide positive support and encouragement for each child participating in youth baseball by adhering to the following code of conduct: The Code of Conduct applies to all means of communication including social media.
- I will treat with respect my coaches, other players, the opposing team’s coaches, officials and fans.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support at all times.
- I will teach my child that doing one's best is more important than winning.
- I will emphasize team success over my child’s individual accomplishments.
- I will recognize the importance of volunteer coaches. They are very important to the development of my child and the sport.
- I will refrain from criticizing any decisions made by my player’s coaches.
- I will respect the officials and their authority during games.
- I will never question, discuss, or confront coaches at the game field, and I will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed upon time and place in accordance to the communication protocol.
- I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices.
- I will remember that children participate to have fun, and that the game is for youth, not adults.
I also agree that if I fail to abide by the code of conduct, I will be subject to disciplinary action levied by the CFYB Board that could include, but is not limited to the following:
- Verbal Warning
- Written Warning
- Parental suspension for games
- Parental season suspension
- Parental removal from all league activities
The Chippewa Falls Youth Baseball Board retains the sole authority to determine what, if any, disciplinary action is appropriate for any conduct infraction. The Code of Conduct is to be in full force on a year round basis, from registration to registration.