Baseball League Information
Chippewa Falls Youth Baseball is proud to offer a range of leagues for kids of many ages. Baseball offerings are T-Ball, Instructional, Minor, Major, and Pony leagues.
- All baseball participants will be required to use the age cutoff date of 4/30.
- Online registration will open near the beginning of February and run through early March.
- Teams will be organized near the middle of March and players contacted shortly after.
- Practice times and days will be set by the team coach and will start around the end of March.
- Games are scheduled to begin at the end of April and run through the beginning of June (league tournaments are held early to mid-June for Minor, Major and Pony leagues).
- Games will typically be scheduled for Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings, with exceptions being make up games and picture day which may include weekends.
T-Ball League (5-6 yr old): An entry-level league that will focus on sportsmanship, teamwork, and having fun while teaching the basic fundamentals of baseball like fielding, throwing, catching, and hitting.
Instructional League (7-8 yr old): Also known as “Coach Pitch League”, this level is the second step of a beginner league that will focus on improving the fundamentals of baseball. At this level, live pitching from a coach or machine is introduced into the game.
Minor League (9-10 yr old): This level is focused on taking the baseball fundamentals to the next level as well as working on the fine motor skills of the youth. At this level, kids will be introduced to pitching and catching behind the plate as well as fine-tuning the skills learned at previous levels.
Major League (11-12 yr old): This level promotes a higher level of competition and advocates more of the standard rules. At this level, the kids will work on improving their skills as well as better their understanding of baseball in general.
Pony League (13-14 yr old): This is the final level of play for CFYB which promotes a more competitive atmosphere while still promoting sportsmanship, teamwork, and having fun that has been taught since the T-Ball level. This level will work on improving and fine-tuning all the skills and baseball knowledge gained to prepare for the high school level. All players at this level should fully understand the concepts of throwing, catching, hitting, pitching and baserunning.