Softball League Information
Chippewa Falls Youth Softball is proud to offer a range of leagues for kids of many ages. Softball offerings are 8U, 10U, 12U, and 14U leagues.
- All softball participants will be required to use the age cutoff date of 12/31.
- Softball teams are part of the Chippewa Valley Girls Fastpitch League.
- Online registration will open near the beginning of February and run through early March.
- Teams will be organized near the middle of March and players contacted shortly after.
- Practice times and days will be set by the team coach and will start around mid-April.
- Game schedules are set in mid-April at the coach's meeting (league tournaments for 10U & 12U will be around the 3rd week of June and for 14U will be the 2nd week of July).
- Games will typically be scheduled for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings, with exceptions being make-up games and picture day which may include weekends.
8U Softball (7-8 yr old): The entry-level league that will focus on improving the fundamentals of softball. At this level, live pitching from a coach or machine is introduced into the game.
10U Softball (9-10 yr old): This level is focused on taking the softball fundamentals to the next level as well as working on the fine motor skills of the youth. At this level kids will be introduced to pitching, catching behind the plate, and stealing.
12U Softball (11-12 yr old): This level promotes a higher level of competition and advocates more of the standard rules. At this level, the kids will work on improving their skills as well as better their understanding of softball in general.
14U Softball (13-14 yr old): This is the final level of play for CFYS which promotes a more competitive atmosphere while still promoting sportsmanship, teamwork, and having fun that has been taught since the T-Ball level. This level will work on improving and fine-tuning all the skills and softball knowledge gained to prepare for the high school level. All players at this level should fully understand the concepts of throwing, catching, hitting, pitching and baserunning.